[opencms-dev] OpenCMS 5 and 6: migration of multi-language sites

Uwe König uwederkoenig at web.de
Tue Apr 26 20:02:38 CEST 2005

Hello all,

we're running some websites with OpenCMS 5. There, we used the vfs
to separate the single sites and their languages, e.g. we've got
paths like

/domain1/de/path/to/content/
/domain1/en/path/foo/
/domain1/jp/path/bar/

/domain2/en/path/

In particular, every single translation of a page is a single
resource in the DB.

Now we're thinking about migrating the sites to OpenCMS6, which has
explicit handling of different languages for a site. Within
OpenCMS6, all translations of a page are stored as a single document
in the DB.

I'd be glad about some hints how this migration can be done. Has
anyone thought about that issue?
Thanks in advance,

Uwe König