[opencms-dev] OpenCms 6.0 beta 3 released

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Fri Apr 29 11:05:17 CEST 2005

Stephan

> 1. Isn't it a bug, when the cmscontentload tag evaluates its
> body always at least one time, even if there are no (zero)
> xml files (bug 604)?

No this is not a bug, since the evaluation is required to trigger an
embedded "cms:contentinfo" tag which can be used to find out if there's
content collected or not, and then e.g. print a line "there are no
articles".

> 2. Isn't it a bug when a plain text resource that in the vfs
> has the file extension .txt is exported with a name like
> "file.txt_122334.html

If the resouce is a "plain" resoruce in OpenCms this won't happen.

Since this is true most of the time the isse can be reduced to OpenCms
resources that are in fact a JSP that generates a .txt (or .pdf). Writing
this as .html is maybe bug. However, my solution would be to check the mime
type header of the response stream to make sure the extension is applied
correctly _and_ in the same way it is when not exporting the resource. This
may relate to an issue in
org.opencms.flex.CmsFlexResponse#setContentType(String) which is long left
unsolved and which I am not certain of what the current status is, but I if
the issue is to be fixed it should be done correctly.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts