[opencms-dev] Suggestion: registry for resourcetype and launcher ids

Stephan Hartmann hartmann at metamesh.de
Mon May 2 11:41:33 CEST 2005

Alexander Kandzior schrieb:
> Stephan
>
>>we probably won't need it if there would only be names and
>>not ids. But this would affect changes down to the database
>>schema cause there are only stored ids and not names.
>
> I don't think it's required to change the DB as long as the id is only by
> OpenCms internal functions.

but if collectors / filters would use names instead of ids there must be
a mapping to ids somewhere before the sql driver collects the resources.
And then you would still get resources of different type names when they
share the same type id.

>>What about the launcher ids? What do you think about the
>>ability to provide a new launcher with a module?
>

> This would certainly be nice to have.

I would be pleased to help on implementing this.

Regards,
Stephan