[opencms-dev] Form based authentication?

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Tue May 3 07:39:30 CEST 2005

The settings are now in opencms-system.xml

<http-authentication>
	<browser-based>true</browser-based>
	<form-based>/system/login/myloginpage.html</form-based>
</http-authentication>

Then there is also a new feature: You can set the property "login-form" on
resources (define the property first of it's not there yet). Using this
property on a file or a folder, you can enable form based auth for
individual folders/files. With the property you can also have different
login forms for different parts of the site.

The property value must be the URI of the login form in the current site.
Login form will get a parameter what page was originally requested, so you
can redirect to original target after successful login. The <form-based>
node in the XML config is also the fallback if <browser-based> is set to
"false" and no property is found. The property value also works if
<browser-based> is "true".

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior