[opencms-dev] Using Applets in OpenCms 5.0.1

Arthur Visser arthur.visser at student.groept.be
Sun May 8 17:11:10 CEST 2005

Does anyone have experience with using applets in OpenCms?

System: OpenCMS 5.0.1 - Tomcat 5.0.18 - Java 1.4.2 - XP Home
SP2 - MySQL 4.0.22

I have tried a code like this:

<applet align="center" codebase="C:\Program
Files\eclipse\workspace\MyBody\com\opencms\applet"
code="Dataretrieve.class" width="150" height="150">

</applet>

Dataretrieve.class is a java file made in Eclipse and copied
to the directory in 'codebase'. When I run this code I see
the java logo (coffeecup) but nothing happens.

Can it be a problem with the java itself or perhaps in the
way it is included in OpenCms? I tried various existing
applets from the internet but got the same result.

Thanks for your help or suggestions!

Arthur