[opencms-dev] Problem with binary files with IE

刘云 lysss713 at 163.com
Tue May 10 04:27:29 CEST 2005

hi,all:
 I have a problem opening binary files in OpenCMS with Internet Explorer. I have
uploaded some .doc and .rar  -files to CMS and everything seems to work fine as
long as I'm browsing files offline. As soon as I publish the files and try to
open them online, IE doesn't seem to understand them anymore. I just get some
binary crap on the screen.
I am hope pop-up default dialog box instead of direct open this binary file.
Has anyone had the same problem? Any suggestions how to fix it?

Development environment:
Windows 2000 server
Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106
Apache Tomcat 5.5.9
OpenCms 6.0 beta 2
MySQL 4.0.24

I've already tried to define doc and
rar as mime-types in web.xml:
<mime-mapping>
    <extension>doc</extension>
    <mime-type>application/msword</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>
<mime-mapping>
  <extension>rar</extension>
  <mime-type>application/octet-stream</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>
<mime-mapping>
  <extension>mdi</extension>
  <mime-type>application/octet-stream</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>

Thanks!

david liu