[opencms-dev] OpenCms6.0 and DB2 (adapt database schema)

ark-d at betasystems.com ark-d at betasystems.com
Fri May 13 15:35:44 CEST 2005

Hi,

this could be greate if DB2 support could be contributed through IBM with
Alkacon's support,
so that ISV's and SME's, who have allready WebSphere and DB2 on Mainframe,
z/OS or Linux could deploy OpenCms too.

IBM's opensource software support strategy for OpenCMS could be a big
advantage for all sides, namely for OpenCMS Solution Providers
and Web-Agencies, (Independend-) Software Vendors and obviously for IBM
too.

It will be also nice to know if the new aquired company "Gluecode Software"
from IBM which provides a nice opensource Portal- framework base on
apache Geronimo and Pluto portlet container is able to deploy OpenCms too
(perhaps with Pluto support).

Best Regards,
Arash Kaffamanesh

Beta Systems Software AG

Arash Kaffamanesh
UNIX Planing & Operations Europe
SCM / CMS Management
Berlin, Germany

mail: arka-d (at) betasystems.com

             "Alexander
             Kandzior"
             <alex at opencms.org                                          To
             >                         "'The OpenCms mailing list'"
             Sent by:                  <opencms-dev at opencms.org>
             opencms-dev-bounc                                          cc
             es at opencms.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [opencms-dev] OpenCms6.0 and
             13.05.2005 10:23          DB2 (adapt database schema)

             Please respond to
                The OpenCms
               mailing list
             <opencms-dev at open
                 cms.org>

Thomas,

Would you contribute the DB2 support to be included in the core
distribution
if I help you getting it to run?

Best Regards,
Alex.