[opencms-dev] Development cycle building web sites using Opencms

Vasil Stefanov vasil.stefanov.member at gmail.com
Tue May 17 18:06:34 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm starting with Opencms 6.0 beta3.
What is the development cycle when building web sites using Opencms?

When I develop a web site I usually access the source code file with my
editor, write changes and then preview the modifications in browser.
In Opencms I don't know how to access the file with my favorite editor. It
is impossible for me to develop a complex template using the web editor
provided by Opencms (the browser editor).

Or

How can I access the Opencms vfs with external program (usually a text
editor).

Is there a driver for Opencms vfs. Is it possible to mount vfs as a
directory to the real file system.

Why is chosen the virtual file system and not the files a stored in the real
file system? What is the advantage?

Let's someone explain his development cycle when building web sites with
Opencms.

Thanks.