AW: [opencms-dev] Newbie's Doubt

Sebastian Jekutsch jekutsch at inf.fu-berlin.de
Thu May 19 10:04:32 CEST 2005

Dear Niyas,

advanced J2EE knowledge isn't necessary to understand OpenCms's source code, but core Java and some knowledge about web applications in Java (Servlets, managing web applications) are a must. Of course, you need to know OpenCms itself well, so I guess you should start with installing it and building a small web site for yourself. Afterwards you should have a look at the "module" concept of OpenCms to extend it. Usually, you won't need neither native database access nor JDBC.

Seba