WG: [opencms-dev] How to move content properly - Linkmanagement

Seebach Seebach at online.de
Fri May 20 15:40:43 CEST 2005

>>In case you are doing a folder rename (not unlikley), I recommend you lock
>>the whole source folder first. Otherwise you will be in "lock hell",
meaning
>>you never know if another user has locked a resource or not.

Hi Alexander Kandzior and Daniel,

what's about this way of link management, which is located in a lower tier?

When the object is stored in the database, links in the content are replaced
by the unique ID,

When the content is delivered, unique IDs in the content are replaced by
links.

The advatage is, that there is no need for locking up objects and no
problems with the user management.

For the static export, there should be a depency-list (in the db) of all
IDs, which are linked to a specific resource. If this resource is moved, all
stored IDs have to be exported again. The depency-lists are updated,
everytime an object is checked in again.

This unit could be a layer between the database access layer and the
cms-classes?

Kind regards,

Carsten