[opencms-dev] mod_proxy

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Sat May 21 19:08:39 CEST 2005

Yes it does the redirection from apache to tomcat. You don't need to
install it as ROOT app. But my opinion is for setting up mutltisite
installation it is better to have one tomcat installation with serveral
container instances, which can be started indepedently.

The mod_proxy approach has some problems with posting forms I think and
therfore is not included in beta3 or the latest CVS HEAD. Installing
opencms as ROOT had some problems with connecting via https to the
workplace, at least by me.

I'm going to test mod_jk 1.2 and mod_rewrite with tomcat 5.5.9 tomorrow,
perhaps it solves my problem with contact form fuctionality in online
mode.

Regards,
Arash