[opencms-dev] mod_proxy

Patrick Donker list at webpagina.nu
Sun May 22 22:47:36 CEST 2005

Arash Kaffamanesh wrote:

>Yes it does the redirection from apache to tomcat. You don't need to
>install it as ROOT app. But my opinion is for setting up mutltisite
>installation it is better to have one tomcat installation with serveral
>container instances, which can be started indepedently.

So basically you are saying that in general it is better to have it
installed as a Root app? Or is it just the other way around ;)? I'm a
bit confused on what a Root app does to begin with.

>The mod_proxy approach has some problems with posting forms I think and
>therfore is not included in beta3 or the latest CVS HEAD. Installing
>opencms as ROOT had some problems with connecting via https to the
>workplace, at least by me.

Hmmm...that could become a problem as many sites have forms.

>I'm going to test mod_jk 1.2 and mod_rewrite with tomcat 5.5.9 tomorrow,
>perhaps it solves my problem with contact form fuctionality in online
>mode.

Keep me informed. I'd like to hear your experiences on this as I am new
to Opencms.

Thanks
-Patrick