[opencms-dev] OpenCMS 6 and Spring Framework

Robert Burén robert.buren at gmail.com
Sat May 21 23:01:05 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I'm about to draw up the grand design for a new customer project. It
will have some advanced base functionality which I will most probably
implement using Spring. One key requirement for this case, however, is
that every end customer (dozens, not hundreds) must be able to have
their own design as a frontend to the application. Call it "skins", or
whatever, but ideally, it should be just as flexible as any JSP can
be, accessing a back-end application.

Now, my idea is that I will use OpenCMS 6 for the "skinnable" part. I
want to start with a generic site for each new end customer, and let
them design away to their hearts content, using my custom tags to
access my application.

Now for my question! Has anyone done anything similar to this before?
I'd really like to get in touch with someone that I can ask the
obvious simple questions to... Like for instance: how do I map a http
POST to a Spring action? I can see that it's easy to redirect to an
OpenCMS JSP page to use as the view, but how do I get the actions
triggered?

If anyone has done this, using Spring, or for that matter Struts or
WebWork, then PLEASE let yourself be known!

Thanks,

Robert