[opencms-dev] Heip

Bernd Wolfsegger bw at code-create.com
Mon May 23 08:48:08 CEST 2005

???????????
Just download the 6beta3 zip and there you have all the Documentation.
And than there is this Book about OpenCms 5 (its o.k. for the 6 too in many
areas) and this mailinglist and many forums etc. I think thats a whole lot of
doc and information.

As far as I know the "alkacon-documentation" is not a part of the CVS
"version". But there is the complete Javadoc as another source of
information. And you do not have source code docs in commercial software ;)

On Monday 23 May 2005 00:51, Patrick Donker wrote:
> Paul D. Bain wrote:
> > Jim Romano wrote:
> >> I am using the lates version of Opencms but can not seem to find the
> >> documentation. In the older version it was clearly defined as
> >> "alkacon-documentation" right in sites/default.
> >>
> >> Please advise as to where documentation is in 6.0 beta 3
> >
> > Jim,
> >
> >     Perhaps Alkacon and the other OpenCms developers have not had time
> > to write documentation for version 6.
> >
> > --Paul Bain
>
> Please dont consider this a flame, but isnt this typical oss behaviour?
> I never have understand why this is common practice in oss land. Ok, it
> is free, but if oss realy wants to become a serious competitor for
> commercial software, I think that writing manuals is a necessity. We are
> encouraged to use 6, but we're not told how...
>
> -Patrick

[  Code Create
[  Web Content Management and Presentation

[  Bernd Wolfsegger
[  Sun Certified Programmer for Java(TM) 2 Platform

[  Office in Germany
[
[  Lohmeyerstrasse 13
[  10587 Berlin