[opencms-dev] Re: Installation issues

Ethan Baldridge ethan at 35mmeyes.com
Tue May 24 02:02:05 CEST 2005

><ethan <at> 35mmeyes.com> writes:
>

>> And in tomcat.out I see this:
>>
>> log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
>> java.io.FileNotFoundException: opencms_init.log (Permission denied)
>>    at java.io.FileDescriptor.open(java.lang.String, int)
>> (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
>>
>> Does anybody know what the problem is? My boss is seriously breathing down
>> my neck here.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Ethan
>>

>Perhaps review your file permissions?
>
>java.io.FileNotFoundException: opencms_init.log (Permission denied)
>
>Just guessing.

Perhaps, but where? Tomcat can extract the webapp and create the
directory just fine, so it's not the webapps dir that needs
different permissions. I'm guessing the other error is the real one
and this one is just a result of it not being configured yet. I could
be wrong though.

Ethan

--
Ethan Baldridge <ethan at 35mmeyes.com>