[opencms-dev] Installation issues - Incompatible compiler & JRE

Ethan Baldridge ethan at 35mmeyes.com
Thu May 26 22:12:48 CEST 2005

> 	With all due respect to Ethan, I sense that the root of the problem was
> that he did not understand J2EE web administration. In particular, Ethan
> did not seem to understand how Tomcat works or how properly to configure
> its Java environment.

Actually, I've administered Tomcat before, but it was a long time ago
and on Debian.

All the changes I saw (using GCJ, config files in /etc/tomcat, different
names of config files...) I thought were due to it being over three
years since last time I worked on it, so their development methodology
might have changed in the meantime. I didn't realize it was only that
the Fedora maintainers reorganized the package to their liking, so
that's why I had a hard time communicating with you in the beginning. I
just assumed that this was the normal setup now and everybody but me
knew about it. :)

Ethan