[opencms-dev] [bug] renaming of resources sometimes does not work

Thomas Kraft thomas.kraft at synyx.de
Mon May 30 19:30:39 CEST 2005

Hi!

I encountered a bug in OpenCms Beta 3, maybe someone can test if this is
still a issue on RC1:

I have a resource called "Test.png" and want to rename/move it to
"test.png", i locked the resource and do the rename/move command on it.
OpenCms asks me: "The target resource already exists, do you want to
overwrite it?" -> Yes

Then i get the following error:

Sorry, the resource could not be moved.
Reason Maybe the target folder does not exist.
Please choose another target folder or target filename.

Exception tells me the following:
org.opencms.file.CmsVfsException:
[org.opencms.db.mysql.CmsVfsDriver.readResource/3] Test.png Resource has
been deleted!

after that, the resource is still locked, and marked as changed and
deleted. This would not be a real problem, but if i want to undelete it
to get the original resource back, i get the following error:

org/apache/jsp/WEB_002dINF/jsp/offline/system/workplace/commons/undelete_jsp
(Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

Exception tells me following:
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/jsp/WEB_002dINF/jsp/offline/system/workplace/commons/undelete_jsp
(Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)

So the only thing to get my original resource back is to publish the
deletion and upload it again, which is sometimes a little bit tricky if
this resource was the only copy.

Regards, Thomas