[opencms-dev] Problems with Xerces running OpenCms under WSAD Websphere 5.1 test enviroment

Giuseppe Guglielmetti g.guglielmetti at axcel.it
Tue May 31 17:53:20 CEST 2005

Hi Dorothee,

I think that the problem is that WSAD uses an older version of  Xerces .
You can try in this way.
- download xerces 2.6.2 libraries (resolver.jar, xercesImpl.jar,
xml-apis.jar) and put them in a local folder;
- enable admin console for WSAD server;
- log on console;
- create a shared library (Environment->Shared Libraries) for Xercer 2.6.2
pointing the local folder containing the .jar files;
- for opencms.war application set "PARENT_LAST" for "Classloader Mode" and
"Application" for "WAR Classloader Policy"; save the configuration;
- for opencms.war application add the Xecer shared library that you have
created previously; save the configuration;
- redeploy the application from console.

I don't have test this procedure but I hope that it works...

I'm trying to run OpenCmRC1 in WebSphere 5.1.2 but I have some big issues
(see http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2005q2/017295.html).

Have you my same problems?

Best Regards,
Giuseppe