[opencms-dev] Problems with Xerces running OpenCms under WSAD Websphere 5.1 test enviroment

Dorothee Wiethoff DWIETHOF at de.ibm.com
Tue May 31 17:05:02 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I try to run OpenCms in my IDE Websphere Studio Application Developer
(WSAD) 5.1.2 with Websphere 5.1 test enviroment.
If I run the wizard, I get the message, that I have the Xerces 1 version
and "Your system does not have the necessary components to use OpenCms. It
is assumed that OpenCms will not run on your system".
Debugging the application I found out, that trying to invoke the
getXMLEcoding() Method an noSuchMethodExecption was thrown.
This problem does not appear running OpenCms with Tomcat or a Websphere
Application Server.
I think in the WSAD test enviroment an older version of Xerces is used.
I tried to change the configuration of the server (classloader policy and
mode) which didn't help yet. With some configurations the application
couldn't even start.

Does anybody has experience running OpenCms with WSAD and had the same
problem?
Does anybody know which configuration to use or other ways to solve this
problem?

Thanks in advance,

Dorothee