[opencms-dev] How to backup/restore?

Anatol opencms at recordcaster.de
Mon Jun 6 13:49:10 CEST 2005

Hi Arash, hi all!

ark-d at betasystems.com schrieb:

>you can dump and restore your mysql db:
>
>Dump:
>
>Restore:

If it is for the same opencms version your approch sounds good :-) But,
what ist, when a new version of opencms (the final comes in a few days,
I assume ;) ) was published? In this case you would restore with your
mysqldumps an old system. Right? How can I merge a new blank
installation with old data? Is it possible to dump some special tables?
And if, which tables should be backuped and  which not?

Greetings
Anatol