[opencms-dev] How to backup/restore?

cherif multxt at free.fr
Mon Jun 6 14:51:13 CEST 2005

Hi  Anatol,

1--> if the new version did not change  the database structure
definition(tables naming and length ...) then restoring the dump should work
2--> if the new version adds new tables and the "old" tables remain
inchanged, the restore will juste load the old tables leaving the new
inchanged (unknowon of corse)
3--> with this method, you don't merge but erase.
4--> I think the real care is for the data not the meta data
5--> after dumping your backup is juste a texte file so you can use a texte
editor to view it --and make any chages you want