[opencms-dev] Cannot successfully copy site to a new host

Brett Cawrse brettc at visitsamoa.ws
Tue Jun 7 22:14:24 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm having trouble 'replicating' an OpenCMS instance to use as a
parallel development environment. Our production system uses OpenCMS
v5.36 on Apache / Unix, and I need to create a copy on a Win XP
development box. I have tried exporting all modules from production, and
importing them into the dev environment - all successfully. Then I
create database exports (using the OpenCMS DB export function) of our
two sites, and import them on my WinXP box, again successfully. The
problem comes when I try to publish the site, I get errors in a bunch of
pages that a resource cannot be found (exact error copied below). Does
anyone have any ideas and/or can you suggest a better way for me to make
a complete copy of our OpenCMS site on another system?

Thanks,

Brett

Error Log begins below:
Exception org.opencms.file.CmsVfsResourceNotFoundException:
[org.opencms.db.mysql.CmsVfsDriver.readFileHeader/2]
dd3f197a-d6f2-11d9-9719-bbdadb759d82 [Code 2 - Resource not found!]
at
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsVfsDriver.readFileHeader(CmsVfsDriver.java:786
)
at
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsProjectDriver.publishFile(CmsProjectDriver.jav
a:787)
at
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsProjectDriver.publishProject(CmsProjectDriver.
java:1260)
at
org.opencms.db.CmsDriverManager.publishProject(CmsDriverManager.java:561
2)
at org.opencms.file.CmsObject.publishProject(CmsObject.java:2894)
at org.opencms.threads.CmsPublishThread.run(CmsPublishThread.java:127)