[opencms-dev] Lucene Search in OpenCms 6

Peter korn peterkorn at gmx.net
Wed Jun 8 12:53:52 CEST 2005

Hello Andras,

thanks for your answer.

My Problem is i cant switch the content from the second db to opencms. I was
hoping there is a way to use OpenCms Lucene for the Search. On the first
look i thougt i can write a class that reads the content from the second db
instead from the vfs.
All that is needed for a Lucene index is a content and a link to show the
content. The link is my detail.html page in opencms wiht a parameter id=xx.
The content is in the second db with the id=xx. So if i can write my own
indexer, it should work?

The other alternative is that i use a Searchengine like htdig, that reads
all links on the overview page. But i dont like this idea very much.

regards

Peter

Hello Peter,

Peter korn wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i have to use the Lucene search in OpenCms 6. Searching the html pages is
> very easy now, but in addition i have to search content from a module that
> reads all from a second Database. I think i have to add a new index class
and a new documenttype class?

I think not, see below.

> Is there any documentation on how to do it besides the javadocs?
>

> Thanks for any hints,

As you have said i'm only able to give some hints. I once was faced to the
same issue and made this logical thinking:
Lucene to work it needs to create an index.
The big question is what it indexes? It indexes resources from VFS like
xmlpages, pdfs etc.
So as long is your data from the second database is not a VFS resource it
will NOT be indexed so you created the index
class in vain.
This is my understanding of the system and i abandoned the idea of doing the
search in "my data" from a second database
with Lucene.
Things are getting much easier i think with OC6 you can create XML
structured content and that will be indexed by Lucene.
As i said this is just a hint to see that the problem is more complex than
you first thought, but maybe an opencms expert
needs to confirm this so don't take it as bullet proof.

> Peter

Best regards,
Andras.

Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail gratis + 3 Ausgaben stern gratis
++ Jetzt anmelden & testen ++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail ++