[opencms-dev] Site-DropDown-Menu

Anatol opencms at recordcaster.de
Wed Jun 8 15:03:46 CEST 2005

OK, I tried to say it in other words:

For the normal work I don't want the default-Site displayed (in the
admininterface). So I edit the <sites>-tag in the
WEB-INF/config/opencms-system.xml file and changed the
<default-uri>/sites/default/</default-uri> to
<default-uri>/sites/other/</default-uri>

Next step is to change the persmission for that folder (/sites/default/)
so that only admin has access and can view it. So far so good.

But now if an users (non admin!) logged in the opencms-interface,
opencms tried to direct him to /sites/default/ (why?!), detect that this
user has no access to that folder and raises an error. :-(

At this moment the site-dropdown-menu lists the /sites/default/-entry
(why?!). I've to switch to an other site (from the site-dropdown) and
now (!) the /sites/default - entry isn't listed anymore.

Thats my problem - hope, it is now a bit better to understand :-)

Greetings
Anatol