[opencms-dev] Site-DropDown-Menu

Anatol opencms at recordcaster.de
Thu Jun 9 10:56:37 CEST 2005

Wolfgang Winzer schrieb:

> [...]
>
>> One important point is from which URL the user logged in. The URL
>> defined the place he/she was directet to. For example:
>> mydomain1.com -> /sites/my1/
>> mydomain2.org -> /sites/my2/
>> (its defined by the opencms-system.xml file.)
>
> Where do you take that wisdom from? I sneaked a look at the DTD
> (opencms-system.dtd) and found nothing hinting you could use it like
> this. Which tags have you added/changed?

Oh, have a look at the /WEB-INF/config/opencms-system.xml. There you'l
find a <sites>-tag like this:
 <sites>
    <workplace-server>http://my.workplace.domain.org:8080</workplace-server>
    <default-uri>/sites/default/</default-uri>
    <site server="http://my.news.domain.org:8080" uri="/sites/news/"/>
    <site server="http://my.events.domain.org:8080" uri="/sites/events/"/>
</sites>

It's for multi-site-use. Here you can define an URL and a corresponding
site-folder. It's nearly like virtual hosting with an apache. The
site-folder is like the documentroot.
I want to have a look at the opencms-system.dtd - but can't find; where
it is located? Within the opencms-system (vfs) or in the OS-filesystem?

> [...] It should work with the following setup:
> [...]
> 3) Remove all "Allowed" checks from "Users" but DO check "Overwrite
> Inherited" and "Inherit on subfolders"

Argh! I've experimented extensive with this approach, but without any
success. And did you know what 's the mistake?! A little unchecked checkbox:
"Overwrite Inherited"! beating my head on the wall! How eyeless can a
man bee!!??

Thanx, thanx, thanx :-))

> Have fun!

Yeah - now I 'm back on the road ;-)