[opencms-dev] OpenCms loops intermittently when publishing or performing a static export

Brett Cawrse brettc at visitsamoa.ws
Fri Jun 10 23:29:15 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am running OpenCms v5.3.6 on Apache 1.3.3 / Tomcat 4.1. Sometimes when
I publish my site, or execute a static export, OpenCms gets stuck part
way through the operation, and the browser (both IE6 and firefox) loop
on the refresh - which continues to show the same file being processed
(e.g. 10/908). If I repeat the export / publish, it may again get stuck
(usually at a different location), or it may continue - it is quite
random. Our system admin suggested that it may be a problem with our
slow internet connection, but I have set the site up locally on my PC,
and still experience the same problem intermittently. I guess it could
still be a timeout related issue given that my CPU maxes out for a while
as OpenCms performs all the queries etc. that it needs to make.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, and are there any known
solutions (e.g. increasing a timeout or refresh time parameter?)

Thanks,

Brett