[opencms-dev] Installation of a OpenCms fails on JRUN4

Ketan-Gmail ketanshah66 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 08:07:32 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to install OpenCms on my JRun server but it fails. In the installation instruction it is mentioned that installation of the tool needs Java 2 SDK, version 1.4 or newer and Tomcat 4.x.

My first question is:
Can I install it on JRun4 instead of using Java SDK and tomcat?

I copied the opencms.war file on my PC having JRun installed and through Jrun console management, I tried to create a web application. I click on Add and selected the path of the .war file. It actually start extracting the file in the temp folder under JRUN/servers and then gives the message that the folder already exists, then does not proceed further. It does not add the site to the console. On looking at the temp folder, it shows all the files extracted properly.

How should I sort out this problem and get the application registered in the JRUN server, so that is shows in JRUN console and run properly.

Thanks,
Ketan