[opencms-dev] OpenCMS 5.0.1 - page contents reverts to old version

Daniel Keyhani dake at novatec.de
Mon Jun 13 15:25:42 CEST 2005

Hello all,

at the company I work for we have been working on implementing a
content-managed website using OpenCMS for some time now. However we have
encountered a problem that somewhat hinders our progress: some pages
seem to revert to old versions on occasion, sometimes as much as two
months old.

Unfortunately I do not know many specifics, as I mainly did initial
setup and templating, and other people are responsible for data entry;
however it seems that this problem mainly occurs for one person. I can
offer the information that the "development" server that this OpenCMS
runs on is very frequently shutdown and restarted, with very frequently
meaning several times a week. Also as far as I know the pages are not
normally "published" at all, even though this is only an internal
development server. While viewing the content, trying to find the source
of the problem, I noticed that most of the pages in question were still

locked; however the person who was working on them, and whose login
created these locks, claims that he always unlocks files after working
on them.

That's all I can think of that may differ from normal operating
circumstances for an OpenCMS server; if anyone could provide any
information on how and why this behaviour occurs and/or how one may
prevent it from occuring, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance,

Daniel Keyhani