[opencms-dev] RE: Remove folder from path navigation bar without changing VFS distribution

Arian Abrahantes Quintana Arian.Abrahantes.Quintana at cern.ch
Mon Jun 13 19:51:40 CEST 2005

Dear all:

Actually I couldn't find some guide in mailing list archives cause most of it reffers to avoid opencms/opencms . So hope you can help me,

This is an overview:

My VFS has this distribution at root level:

/Site1/en/Home1/index.html

/Site1/en/Home2/index.html

/Site1/en/index.html

/Site2/index.html

/Site3/index.html

index.html

After publication, I invoke in the browser the address http://my.site/ I get index.html from VFS root, no problem at all.Sites 2 and 3 appears as usual invoking http://my.site/SiteX where X equals 2 or 3. So far so good...

Here comes the question. For an aesthetical reason I'd prefer to avoid the appearance of long paths on the navigation bar. Let me explain myself: I'd like to shrink the path http://my.site/Site1/en/HomeX/index.html to http://my.site/HomeX/index.html or at least http://my.site/HomeX/en/index.html  (it can also be sen as removing /Site1/en/  or /Site1/ from the navigation bar) but without losing the present folder distribution in the VFS. I wonder if this is posible using opencms classes or tricks. I want to know if it is not mandatory to reorder the VFS to get such behavior in the navigation bar. The point is that Site1/ is quite large and updated by many people so reorder VFS will be my last solution but if there is no other way I'll have to...

Hope I make myself clear. best regards and TIA,

arian