[opencms-dev] Group Concept, Parent Group Question

Maximilian Renkin mxrenkin at gamma.co.at
Sat Jun 18 22:23:39 CEST 2005

I am doing my first steps in OpenCMS. I didn`t find any real explanation
of the groups concept yet.

I want to understand the concept of parent groups a bit - especially
what is implicated with the use or not-use of the predefined Admin group
as parent group for my own Admin group (the same for the other
predefined Groups).

What is the exact idea of the Admin Group - it seems not to be a system
defined role type, since I cannot select a flag like Project Manager or
Project Co-Worker.

A similar question about the Project Manager and Co-Worker - what
limitations/rules are defined in the system?

Thanks for any hint - maybe I have not realized an existing piece of
info somewhere?

Max Renkin