[opencms-dev] Saved HTML documents not displayed correctly

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 12:46:03 CEST 2005

I've encountered similar problems before with other software. In my
the cause was that
the backend sofware was stripping non-standard Microsoft characters
from what was supposed to be a ISO-8859-1 document (characters like
the open and close quotes  are not part of ISO-8859-1). My solution
was to switch to UTF-8 for everything. I'm not sure how this applies
to your case: but I would start by examining what character encoding
is being used.

Joe.