[opencms-dev] Checking for property using JSP & quote escaping (Firefox, Linux)

Jeffrey Perry jeff at itasoftware.com
Fri Jun 24 22:14:55 CEST 2005

Please be kind as I am just learning OpenCMS - I do have the complete
mail archives which I am reading, along with the doc modules for OpenCMS
6 rc 2....

I am working on a template that includes a header jsp file.
The header jsp needs to check for the presence of a header_logo
property. If no one has set one for the page in question, it should
default to include the default logo - obviously if the property is set,
it should use that one.

My problem is related to the escaping of quotes. It appears to be
necessary in the header jsp for the code I'm writing - which makes
references to cms:property name="header_logo" inside of a java
assignment statement.

When I press the \ key (Firefox, Linux) to start to escape the quote
character, I get a comment box appearing at the bottom of the browser
window. My guess is this is some sort of firefox feature which
eventually I will figure out how to turn off.

Any ideas or thoughts? I'd rather not have to boot into windows to do my
editing.

--Jeff