[opencms-dev] Wrong content type of binary files in download gallery

Ronald Lips ronald.lips at atobemobile.com
Tue Jun 28 16:05:54 CEST 2005

Hi,

I have created a download gallery in OpenCms beta 2 Corrin. I have added
a 3GP video file to this download gallery. In a web page I have created
a link to this 3GP file that end users can select to download the file.
When downloading, the file is not opened by the default player for 3GP
files on my system (Quicktime), but by my browser. This means I get to
see the binary content of the file instead of a popup window asking me
to open the file in my player or to store it on disk.

In my opinion, the cause of this is that the content type set by OpenCms
for a 3GP file is text/html. This causes the browser to open the file. I
have taken the following actions to set the content type correctly to
video/3gpp:

*	Added a MIME type for the 3gp extension in the web.xml of my
Tomcat installation and restarted Tomcat
*	Added a MIME type for the 3gp extension in the web.xml of
OpenCms and restarted OpenCms
*	Added 3gp as binary content in the opencms-vfs.xml

None of these actions worked. Does anyone know the solution to this?

Thanks
Ronald

AtoBe Mobile Solutions
Ronald Lips