[opencms-dev] Document Manager System

Tristan Tarrant tristan.tarrant at dataforte.net
Thu Jun 30 15:52:01 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 15:43 +0200, Nicolas Liprey wrote:

> I want to implement a Enterprise Content Management system to manage
> our projects documentation. Here are the specifications :
>
> - all users have to login

Yes. OpenCMS 6.0 has full support for ACLs. You may have to do extra
work to synch OpenCMS with an LDAP server. We have also integrated jcifs
with opencms to provide single sign on in Windows Active Directory
Domains.

> - each user can add documents (DOC, PPT, XLS, PDF) with metadata like
> a title, a description, keywords

Yes.

> - document browsing and searching

Yes.

> - versioning features

OpenCMS only keeps a limited number of versions of each document, but it
is customizable.

> - workflow for new document validating (by a project manager)

OpenCMS's workflow is quite basic. For anything else some development
will have to be done.

> - checkout, checkin
> - …

Ideally OpenCMS should really expose a WebDAV interface.

Tristan