[opencms-dev] Unix (AIX) installation

Mello Andrea andrea.mello at atosorigin.com
Mon Jul 4 09:58:04 CEST 2005

Hi ,
I am new to OpenCms, and I am trying to install it on an AIX server
where is installed SAP NetWeaver Appl. Server and Oracle.
The first question is if the zip file downloaded from the site
www.OpenCms.org <http://www.opencms.org/>  can be used on Unix system.
We get an error when the appl. server try to read the properties file
and this error was solved cleaning the file from the win chars like 0D0A
at the and so on. We have to clean every text file (properties, xml,...)
or exist a tar file for Unix?

Thanks a lot,

Andrea Mello
Application Management
Atos Origin Italia S.p.A.
Via Carlo Viola, 76
11026 Pont Saint Martin (AO)
Italy

Phone:   +39.0125.810 464

Mobile:  +39.335.7598255

Fax:         +39.0125.810340

e-mail:     mailto:andrea.mello at atosorigin.com
<mailto:andrea.mello at atosorigin.com>

web:         http://www.atosorigin.com <http://www.atosorigin.com/>

e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it.
As its integrity cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos Origin
group liability cannot be triggered for the message content. Although
the sender endeavours to maintain a computer virus-free network, the
sender does not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and will
not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.