[opencms-dev] https not working

Arian Abrahantes Quintana Arian.Abrahantes.Quintana at cern.ch
Fri Jul 8 12:31:10 CEST 2005

Hi all:

I am having some problem when serving https pages. My configuration is the following

Apache 2.0.52
Tomcat 4.1.29
jdk 4.2
mysql 4.0.17
Opencms 5.0.1 (fat distribution)

This what I've done following some mails in the list, apache and tomcat documentatio

1- proxing opencms resources through apache. (no problems at all for http or workplace)
2- apache "listen" connection throug 443 (aka. https). Up to this point no problem the hand shake between the browser and the server works fine.
3- Changes in opencms.properties prefixes for https (as stated in the documentation).
4- Publish a folder with export property = https

When I tried to acces that resource through https there was an error message (resource not available) and the page was available through http. I noticed that I haven't enable the https connector (Coyote) in tomcat configuration.

5- Enable coyote connector.

Everything crashed after that not even workplace was working. I was sniffing in the logs but couldn't find anything so far.

Suggestion and comments are welcome.

TIA,

arian