[opencms-dev] https not working

Andras Balogh andras at reea.net
Fri Jul 8 15:07:33 CEST 2005

Hello Arian,

    Since your address is cern.ch ;) i will try to give some hints
althrough i have no clear solution for your
problem since i never tried it like that. So please take this as some
hint it may or may not work ;)
    As i understood you setup is like this:
client --https--- >apache ---https-->tomcat
I think you don't need beetween apache and tomcat https only http since
like that you will have double ssl encryption.
Now you need to tell Tomcat that he is proxied by apache, this can be
done by setting some connector attributes
like described here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/proxy-howto.html
and
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/coyote.html
What  attributes you should set is:
scheme=https
proxyName
proxyPort
Do not set any property of opencms to https since tomcat is not https
mode apache is.
Alternativly you may try to set up the connection beetween apache and
tomcat with mod_jk:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/connectors-doc-archive/jk2/jk/aphowto.html

Good luck and best regards,
Andras.