[opencms-dev] tomcat?

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 18:35:31 CEST 2005

No -- a GoDaddy hosting plan won't do. I wouldn't dare host an OpenCms
system unless I had a full computer to myself (ie root/Admin access).
You need at least 512MB RAM. There are many hosting companies that
offer a dedicated computer for $50-$100/month.

If you have little or no technical knowledge, you have a lot of
learning to do. Despite there being many books and online doc for
Tomcat, MySQL and OpenCms, it is not like installing a Windows
application. Each component needs to be configured.

If you really want to learn, install the software on your PC first.
Learn about it and play with it there. Then you can look for a
suitable hosting company.

Joe.