[opencms-dev] OpenCMS hangs under heavy load

Mark Belanger belanger at fluid.com
Sat Jul 9 01:49:03 CEST 2005

Here's what we're running:

  RHEL - 2.4.21.0.1.ELsmp kernel
  OpenCMS 5.0.1
  Tomcat 4.1.31
  J2SDK 1.4.2_06
  MySQL Standard 4.0.22

Nothing odd in the logs, other than the last user that logged in to
publish.  It might be the DB, but I doubt it.  The load is always
minimal.  The connection on the other hand is a different story.  I know
our Java is a bit out of date, but I was hoping someone had seen this
behavior before I resort to upgrading everything and waiting for the
failure condition to occur.

Thanks much for the thoughts.

-MB