[opencms-dev] Includ SVG / Batik

Дмитрий Чкалов chkalov at bk.ru
Tue Jul 12 16:26:14 CEST 2005

> My university-vacancy is starting next week, so I'll have the time. Like
> mentioned: I'm new to opencms. I've just started learning and think, such a
> project is the best way.
> I've allredy checked out the code from the CVS, just tell me, where to look
> for this redirection-thing.
> And a question in general: why is this f**king project so bad ducumentated.
> It's in version 6 now and there are no websites to find whis a huge amound of
> modules. Take a look on Typo3: you've got up to 3 plugins for the same stuff,
> just differend implementation. Why is the opencms-comunity so close-lipped.
> Where is a documentytion Wiki for using and programming opencms, where are
> the hundreds of gpl and lgpl modules. Coud it be, that the community didn't
> realized, that this is an open-source-project and it will grow and get
> better, everytime a comunity member donates some lines of code or
> documentation?

You are rigth this project hasn`t community for downloads advanced modules,documentation,etc.
Modules are, but they is squander on different sites. For new users it is main trouble.
Open-source project without community has very bad progress.
All users need power modules like forums,guestbooks,maillists,etc . It is

Installation modules proccess is not frendly too.
Many modules need edit config files(opencms-vfs.xml,etc) MANUALLY!!!!
Why isn`t interfaces for editing config files?? Every module could edit config automatically in installation process.

But Всё в твоих руках;)

I write module like subscribe list now and take out it on my site. I will try create anything like community.

Sorry for my English.