[opencms-dev] need info on Open CMS scalability and DB details

seema pai seemasandeeppai at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 07:20:58 CEST 2005

Hi

I am evaluating OpenCMS for one of the website that handles quite a
large no of assets (58,000) and around 3500 registered users, 50 users
accessing simultaneously. I need to know if Open CMS is suitable per
following criteria -
-> the Database Migration is the key here because the existing site DB
was MySQL and would be changed to Oracle  and the Application be run
on J2EE platform. How much of DB customization is allowed if CMS apis
are going to be used ?
-> Scalability is the present need hence would like to know if CMS
apis/code etc are optimized and is there any matrix available for
limitations on its usage ? The site is expected to grow almost double
interms of users and also assets in next 6 months
-> Whta kind of navigation or heirarchy definition is allowed with
Open CMS i.e navigation elements can have depth of 3 levels and
fetched from DB
-> How much of learning curve is involved with CMS ?
-> How are images, files atored - in DB or file system? in future if
clustering needs be supported what are the issues to be taken care of
?

if not Open CMS, the alternative I think of is writing custom
framework for defining  our specfic title, decription, images,
downloadable content etc