[opencms-dev] How to limit search to a document set

Andras Balogh abalogh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 10:42:26 CEST 2005

Hello David,

David wrote:

> Hi Andras,
>
> Thanks very much for your prompt response.

> Here I am only indexing on files stored in /sites/myapp/content folder
> of myapp application. The indexing works fine and I can do searches on
> this entire index source. What I am trying to achieve next is to
> further limit the scope of my search to only a selected list of files
> (given the file names) in this folder. Would the method
> setSearchRoots() solve this? Does the parameter searchRoots of this
> method mean an array of file names?
>
> Can you elaborate a bit more from your suggestion? Thanks.

I can't elaborate more than the javadoc says:

    /**
     * Sets the search root list.<p>
     *
     * Only resources that are sub-resources of one of the search roots
     * are included in the search result.<p>
     *
     * The search roots set here are used <i>in addition to</i> the current site root
     * of the user performing the search.<p>
     *
     * By default, the search roots contain only one entry with an empty string.<p>
     *
     * @param searchRoots the search roots to set
     */

> Rgds,
> David.

Best regards,
Andras.

ps. I'm keeping under my pillow a printed version of javadoc and the
sources of opencms, you should do the same (joking :))