[opencms-dev] How to limit search to a document set

David db92rj45 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 12:31:22 CEST 2005

Hi Andras,
 Thank again for your help :-)
I have tried your suggestion and it works if I physically organise the file
sub-set in a child folder of the current site root and manually update the
search index for these files. But this is rather troublesome and costly
because the file sub-set is often determined at run-time which means that we
need to programmatically create a folder every time we want to search on a
file set, update the indexer to cover this folder content and remember to
remove the folder after finished using it.
 I have also looked at the source code of CmsSearch class file but it
appears that there are no methods for defining a search scope from a given
file set. Will probably need to look at Lucene source code itself to see if
it actually supports this feature... If you have any further suggestions,
please let us know.
 Thanks,
David.