[opencms-dev] Opencms hosting

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 22:58:33 CEST 2005

A dedicated computer may not be as expensive as you think.
$80-$100/month is typical for a Pentium machine with 256/512MB RAM,
large IDE disk and a generous monthly bandwidth quota. I doubt you
will find any satisfactory shared JVM hosting that will work for
OpenCms for much less than that.

You could check out the ViaVerio Solaris VPS servers (see
http://www.viaverio.com/ ) I've been using the the FreeBSD version of
that product for over 10 years and they are quite good. But
(unfortunately) Java sucks on FreeBSD which is one of the main reasons
I just took out a dedicated Linux server.

Joe.