[opencms-dev] adding a font

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 16:48:58 CEST 2005

There does seem to be some activity there: there was this note on the
second link you gave:

<qoute>
 Update, March 8 2005. Some time ago, InteractiveTools expressed the
will to take over the project. We provided some fixes that we made and
were not in the CVS version and a RC2 was released at htmlarea.com;
however, soon thereafter InteractiveTools announced the project closed
and forums discontinued. Bang!

Our position on this is that the editor will keep going; we are
actually making quite some progress in its development, but only in
house at this time. We are still planning to release version 3.0,
quite possibly under a different name (so it might actually be a 1.0)
but still free, at least for the core editor--some plugins might be
released under a commercial license. We can't provide explicit
deadlines, so please bear with us.
</quote>

However it's a little worrying that an important component of OpenCms
has an uncertain future. What are the alternatives?

I have been toying with the idea of creating a XML based webservice in
the OpenCms engine and writing a Eclipse plugin to act as an
alternative UI to OpenCms. Eclipse is a near perfect fit for the
OpenCms workplace.

Joe.