[opencms-dev] How do I create a page similar to the Tomcat default servlet?

Chris Henson CTH at piconsulting.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 11:40:53 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to mimic the default servlet (provided with Tomcat) within
OpenCms...  What I'd like to do is provide a property for a VFS
tree/folder that points to a default index page, used if there is no
welcome page within the VFS folder...

Basically, if there isn't a welcome file in the VFS folder, default to
the page defined by the folder property, otherwise 404.

Just really need a pointer into where to look when dealing with the page
serving process, or where this kind of functionality is implemented if
anywhere...

Regards

Chris Henson