[opencms-dev] Problems with ACL and permissions that shows the workspace for a file

Carol Mancho Lagunas carol at asic.udl.es
Wed Jul 27 13:42:55 CEST 2005

Hi list!

I use Opencms 6.0.0.
I update the CMS_PROJECT table for restrict the acces to the offline
project to the Administrator group.
Then, I need that my UserGroup (GroupA) modify the templates of a
module, for this I define a site:
siteA -> /system/modules/org.opencms.module
and a project ProjectA -> /system/modules/org.opencms.siteA

I use ACL for set permissions to /system/modules/org.opencms.siteA for
GroupA (rwvc).
Then, when a user of the group, GroupA, login to the workspace, it shows
permissions corretly (+r+w+v+c+d), but the user can not lock the jsp
files (the user can modify all the other files), shows this error when
select the "Edit sourcecode" option:

Error locking resource
"/system/modules/org.opencms.siteA/templates/main.jsp" with mode
"CmsLock.C_MODE_COMMON".
Reason: Denied access to resource
"/system/modules/org.opencms.siteA/templates/main.jsp", required
permissions are "+w"

How can I solve it?

The same with other project:
I have another siteB: /site/sitesB and a projectB /sites/siteB
The GroupB (child of user) can modify all the files of siteB and GroupA
can not. It is correctly, but if an user of GroupA login to the
workspace, it shows permissions +r+w+v+c+d to the projectB! and groupA
don't has permissions! What's happens?

Why an user for a project has permissions to another project if i don't
set it? (only in the workspace because at real this user can not modify
the files but the workspace shows that yes!)

thanks!

Carol

Carol Manchó Lagunas         carol at asic.udl.es

Campus Virtual
Àrea de sistemes de Informació i Comunicacions
Universitat de Lleida

Pça. Víctor Siurana,1   25003 Lleida
Telèfon: +34 973 702140 / +34 973 702040