[opencms-dev] Strange behavior of <cms:include> and <cms:template>

Stefan Uldum Grinsted sug at interactive.as
Thu Jul 28 12:04:52 CEST 2005

Hi List

I just encountered a strange behavior of cms:include while trying to
include a cms:template part from another jsp-file.

If i use element="user-list-begin" as attributes for both cms:include and
cms:template everything works as expected. Like this:

<cms:include property="template-elements" element="user-list-begin"/>
and in the other jsp-file:
<cms:template element="user-list-begin"/>

If, however, I use element="userListBegin" nothing gets included.

It is no big deal, but no documentation states anything about not using
"camelCase" as template element names, so I thought: Is it supposed to
behave like that? Or at least: Why does it not include the element if it
is written in camelCase?

(Please tell me if you think I'm "spamming" the list too much, as this is
the second e-mail today, regarding strange or unexpected behaviors)

My Enviroment:
        OpenCMS 6.0
        Tomcat 5.5.9
        MySQL 4.1.10