[opencms-dev] Design for accessibility, HTML Strict and CSS

Alessandro Magnolo alessandro.magnolo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 10:57:02 CEST 2005

Hello,

I would like to let my users create pages in OpenCms that are
accessible (WAI) and adheres to HTML 4.01 Strict grammar.

Unfortunately, the WYSIWYG editors in OpenCms create code that is not
strict: for example, when centering text they produce the following
code:
instead of the visually equivalent and html4-compliant

Is there a way to enforce strictness in the editors?
Are there other ways to enable users that don't "speak" html to write
standards-compliant pages?

Secondly, I would like to let users use pre-defined CSS styles instead
of custom formatting of the text. Maybe it is possible to expand the
combo in HTMLArea, the one that has "Heading 1", "Heading 2", etc. ?

Last: I know WYSIWYG editors that produce Accessible XHTML Strict
code. Is it possible to plug-in such an editor in opencms?

Regards,
Alessandro