[opencms-dev] How do user permissions work

Barry barry at zoidberg.nl
Wed Aug 3 15:52:26 CEST 2005

Hi,

Is there a description somewhere of exactly how user/group permissions
work? I'd like to be able to set up a user who has permissions to do
everything within a certain directory within the VFS but cannot do
anything in (and cannot even detect the presence of) directories above
or outside this directory. Any ideas on how this can be done?

So far, I've created the user and given them a new group and have given
this new group read permissions only on /sites, /system and /channels
and then given the group all permissions on the directory I want them to
see. However, they can see the files in the group but do not get
permissons to change or publish them.

Regards, Barry.